Monday, June 18, 2012

Tool 11: Reflecting

There are so many digital tools out there that it is very difficult to choose a favorite. I tend to gravitate toward the ones that students can use to collaborate and create innovative products. The animation and movie-making tools are the ones that appeal to my own learning style. Other tools that I plan to use include Poll Everywhere and Wallwisher. The 8th grade team tried out just a few of these, but I can see them being used regularly and effectively in the science classroom.

Even though my students had access to some technology this past school year, I am looking forward to having devices in more hands this coming year. Every student will have access to a device so that they can efficiently connect to new information and ideas. I am planning to restructure the layout of my classroom to incorporate an idea I have about using a small group of students as experts. This group will change continually throughout the year so as to allow all students to participate at least once.

Now that I have worked with the 11 Tools, I am more aware of what is available for myself and my students. Though I know that there are many apps and websites out there, I hadn't taken time to actually use many of them. The next step for me is to expand my toolbox even more at an upcoming technology conference.

3 comments:

  1. Already done? What an overachiever. LOL! Hilarious blog title, BTW. Enjoy the rest of your summer! I'll be spending some of it doing the other 10 tools! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for having a dynamic small group of experts! Looking forward to hearing how it goes. What technology conference are you /did you attend? Would love to know what you learned!

    ReplyDelete